https://www.informedchoices.ac.uk/ – Russell Group Information
By the time you leave the Sixth Form you will have:
- Had the opportunity to undertake a minimum of one week’s work experience in a company of your choice. You will be responsible for arranging the placement, with support from family, friends and the school.
- Attended Year 12 sessions on higher education, gap years, student finance, Apprenticeships etc.
- Had the opportunity to attend careers talks during the school year from visiting speakers on a variety of topics.
- Been guided through the UCAS application process and made an application through UCAS, if you intend to go to university.
- Had the opportunity to attend the UCAS Education Convention and individual university and college open days.
- Had the opportunity to attend Apprenticeship and Skills events.
- Had the opportunity to seek optional access to impartial information, advice and guidance from the school’s careers advisor for support with university and college applications (both in the UK or abroad) and alternative options such as apprenticeships, seeking employment, voluntary work, taking a gap year etc.
A range of admissions tests including BMAT – Bio-Medical Admissions Test.
UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) for medical and dental degrees, used by a consortium of UK university medical and dental schools.
National Admissions Test for Law used by UK’s top universities as part of their undergraduate law admissions process.
Student finance – student loans or student grants for tuition fees and living costs, extra help, student loan repayments.