We are Pool Hayes Academy and are part of Academy Transformation Trust. During your child’s time with us, we will gather and use information relating to you. Information that we hold in relation to individuals is known as their “personal data”. This will include data that we obtain from you directly and data about you that we obtain from other people and organisations. We might also need to continue to hold your personal data for a period of time after your child has left the academy. Anything that we do with an individual’s personal data is known as “processing”.
This document sets out what personal data we will hold about you, why we process that data, who we share this information with, and your rights in relation to your personal data processed by us.
What information do we process in relation to you?
We will collect, hold, share and otherwise use the following information about you:
- personal information (such as name, address, home and mobile numbers, personal email address, emergency contact details and relationship marital status)
- financial details (such as bank account or credit card details), and other financial details such as eligibility for free school meals or other financial assistance
- CCTV footage and images obtained when you attend the Pool Hayes Academy site
- your relationship to your child, including any Court orders that may be in place
We will also use special categories of data such as gender, age, ethnic group, sex or sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs, information about health, genetic information and biometric data. These types of personal data are subject to additional requirements.
Where do we get your personal data from?
We will obtain an amount of your personal data from you, by way of information gathering exercises at appropriate times such as when your child joins Pool Hayes Academy and when you attend Pool Hayes Academy site and are captured by our CCTV system.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. This might include information from the local authorities or other professionals or bodies, including a Court, which might raise concerns in relation to your child.
Why do we use your personal data?
We will process your personal data for the following reasons:
- Where we are required by law, including:
- To provide reports and other information required by law in relation to the performance of your child
- To raise or address any concerns about safeguarding to other government agencies including the police
- To obtain relevant funding for the school
- To provide or obtain additional services including advice and/or support for your family
- Where the law otherwise allows us to process the personal data as part of our functions as an Academy Trust, or we are carrying out a task in the public interest, including:
- To confirm your identity
- To communicate matters relating to the Academy and Trust to you
- To safeguard you, our pupils and other individuals
- To enable payments to be made by you to the Academy
- To ensure the safety of individuals on the Academy site
- To aid in the prevention and detection of crime on the Academy site
- Where we otherwise have your consent
Whilst the majority of processing of personal data we hold about you will not require your consent, we will inform you if your consent is required and seek that consent before any processing takes place.
Why do we use special category personal data?
We may process special category personal data in relation to you for the following reasons:
- Where the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, including for purposes of equality of opportunity and treatment, where this is in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
- Where the processing is necessary in order to ensure your health and safety on the Academy site, including making reasonable adjustments for any disabilities you may have.
- Where we otherwise have your explicit written consent.
There may also be circumstances where we need to use your information in relation to legal claims, or to protect your vital interests of those of your child, and where it is not possible to seek your consent.
Failure to provide this information
If you fail to provide information to us we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
How long will we hold your personal data for?
We will hold your personal data only for as long as necessary. How long we need to hold on to any information will depend on the type of information. For further detail please see our Retention and Destruction Policy.
Who will we share your personal data with?
We routinely share information about you with:
- Local authorities, to assist them in the exercise of their responsibilities in relation to education and training, youth support and safeguarding purposes
- The Department for Education and the Education and Skills Funding Agency, in compliance with legal obligations of the school to provide information about students and parents as part of statutory data collections
- Contractors, such as payment processing providers to enable payments to be made by you to the Academy
The Department for Education may share information that we are required to provide to them with other organisations. For further information about the Department’s data sharing process, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data.
Contact details for the Department can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-dfe.
Local authorities may share information that we are required to provide to them with other organisations. For further information about Walsall Local Authority’s data sharing process, please visit: https://www.go.walsall.gov.uk
Contact details for Walsall Local Authority can be found at https://www.go.walsall.gov.uk
Your rights in relation to your personal data held by us
You have the right to request access to personal data that we hold about you, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request for access to your personal data, you should contact:
Mr A. Lawrence, Vice Principal
Please also refer to our Data Protection Policy for further details on making requests for access to your personal data.
You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Have inaccurate or incomplete personal data about you rectified
- Restrict processing of your personal data
- Object to the making of decisions about you taken by automated means
- Have your data transferred to another organisation
- Claim compensation for damage caused by a breach of your data protection rights
If you want to exercise any of these rights then you should contact Mr A. Lawrence, Vice Principal. The law does not oblige the Academy to comply with all requests. If the Academy does not intend to comply with the request then you will be notified of the reasons why in writing.
If you have any concerns about how we are using your personal data then we ask that you contact our Data Protection Lead in the first instance. However an individual can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office should you consider this to be necessary, at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
Mr A. Lawrence, Vice Principal