Girls in Data
Girls in Data, also open for boys, are trying to encourage students into data jobs aimed at Year 9 upwards
With successful sessions already run by Zurich and Experian they have 3 more coming up over Summer.
In order to be invited to the sessions you need to sign up on the home page https://girlsindata.co.uk/
In terms of safeguarding, there is a DBS checked person attending every session.
Any queries for this will need to be made directly with Girls in Data – contact details can be found on their website.
Work it Heroes
They came to you from a diverse range of voices – apprentices, trainees and graduates from different backgrounds and ways of life, reflecting the variety of young people you support in your work.
- You met Bejay, an East London Entrepreneur with his own small business Supa Network– who started from humble beginnings, with a lemonade stand in his school playground.
- You met Alex – who proved that whether you’re able or disabled, a determined mindset can overcome any obstacle. He fulfilled his dream of working in public administration at The Cabinet Office.
- You met Callum – who focused on his people skills to get the job he wanted at Aviva.
Work It will be back next term.
Arcadis Virtual insight days
Our SKILLS SESSIONS will give you hints and tips and guidance on a variety of aspects that will make you stand out from your peers. This invaluable knowledge will help you develop essential skills and confidence when applying for roles at Arcadis across a range of sectors and roles.
Our Skills sessions will support you with:
- Applications and CV writing: Assisting you with the application process and how to create a great personal statement, CV and covering letter.
- LinkedIn – Personal Brand: How and why you should invest in a LinkedIn profile. Coupled with how to use LinkedIn to connect with individuals and groups that will help drive your career forward.
- Assessment Centres: During this session you will get some great insights into assessment centres, including how to prepare and what to expect from the experience.